Many people want the healthy heart. However, the healthy heart will be nothing if there is no proper care for the body. There are a lot of things to be kept in check including triglycerides. What are they? They are type of fat called lipid and found in blood. Triglycerides come from calories those are converted by the body. If the level of triglycerides gets too high, there will be problems for health notably the increased risks of heart diseases. Therefore high triglycerides diet that is meant to lower the level of triglycerides will be important.
Good Foods to Lower Levels of Triglycerides
Now, the special high triglycerides diet is known to be needed. What kind of foods good to help reducing levels of triglycerides? The key is actually simple. Try to eat fewer calories and exercise more. Taking fewer calories is always an important thing considering how the body acquires triglycerides by converting calories and storing them inside of the fat cells. The followings are some tips to choose calories very well in daily diets:
- Alcohol should be taken in moderation. It will be even better to avoid alcohol because it’s rich of empty calories that will be particular bad for people with high levels of triglycerides.
- Avoid refined sugar in diet.
- Eat fish as the good source of protein for once or twice in a week. Try coldwater fish like salmons those are high in omega-3.
- Get enough dietary fiber from whole-grain products to help in avoiding overeating.
- Get healthy and good mono and polyunsaturated fats in canola oil or olive oil.
- Get most calories from fruits, low-fat or non-fat dairy products and vegetables.
- Limit dietary cholesterol to just 200 mg every day.
- Decrease intake of trans fats and saturated fats that can be acquired animal products, commercially baked products, fast foods and the other packaged foods.
The Healthy Amount of Triglyceride
How much amount of triglycerides that needs to be reduced in high triglycerides diet? The answer is lower than 150 mg/dL. The borderline will be around 150 mg/dL to 199 mg/dL. When the number grows more than that, high triglycerides diet will still need to be done until the levels of triglycerides reach the normal level. The high levels of triglycerides will bring problem not only to the health of heart but also to the other unhealthy conditions such as diabetes, obesity, kidney disease and thyroid disease.